Last updated: February 25, 2014
How do we collect and use information?
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Apps and related services (collectively, the “Services”), to administer your use of the Services (including your account, if you choose to create an account for your use of the Services), and to enable you to enjoy our Services.
In connection with your use of the Services, we do not collect any information that can be used to contact or identify you directly, such as your full name, email address, postal address or phone number (“Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”). However, we may collect certain other information that you provide us, such as your nickname, if you use our Services as a guest. If you choose to create an account for your use of the Services through one of your third party social networking accounts (such as Facebook) (“SNS Accounts”), you may have to provide us with your username (or userID) so that your identity can be authenticated by the SNS Account. When the authentication is complete, we’ll be able to link your account with the SNS Account and access certain information, such as your first name, SNS Account profile picture and SNS Account identification number. We don’t receive or store passwords for any of your SNS Accounts.
In some cases we collect and store information about where you are located, such as by converting your IP address into a rough geolocation. We may use location information to improve and personalize our Services for you.
Mobile Device Information
When you access the Services via a mobile device, we will collect information related to the mobile device such as the serial number or MAC address and the open UDID of the device. We may use this information to improve and personalize our Services for you. Advertising & Third Party Products and Services The Services are supported via advertising, and we collect certain data to help the Services serve ads. We may work with analytics companies to help us understand how the Services are being used, such as the frequency and duration of usage. We work with advertisers and third party advertising networks, who need to know how you interact with advertising provided in the Services which helps us keep the cost of the Services low. Advertisers and advertising networks use some of the information collected by the Services, including the unique identification ID of your mobile device. To protect the anonymity of this information, we use an encryption technology to help ensure that these third parties can’t identify you personally. These third parties may also obtain information about other services you’ve downloaded to your mobile device, the mobile websites you visit, your non-precise location information (e.g., your zip code), and other non-precise location information in order to help analyze and serve anonymous targeted advertising on the Services and elsewhere. We may also share encrypted versions of information you have provided in order to enable our partners to append other available information about you for analysis or advertising related use.
How We Use Information
We use information collected through our Service for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you in connection with our Service. For example, we may use your information to:
- create game accounts and allow users to play our games;
- identify and suggest connections with other Digital Hammer users;
- operate and improve our Service;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Service;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide and deliver products and services you request;
- send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Digital Hammer and our selected partners;
- enable you to communicate with other users; and
- link or combine it with other information we get from third parties, to help understand your preferences and provide you with better services.
Disclosure of Your information
Digital Hammer does not share your personal information except as approved by you or as described below:
- With your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies.
- Digital Hammer may engage other companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf. Example of these services include analyzing data. These agents and service providers may have access to your personal information in connection with the performance of services for Digital Hammer
- We may release your information as permitted by law or when we believe that release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our rights; or protect the rights, property, or safety of us or our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
- Digital Hammer may share your information in connection with any merger, sale of our assets, or a financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- We may share aggregate or anonymous information about you with advertisers, publishers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties.
If you choose to connect your SNS Account to the Services, other Users of the Services will be able to see your SNS Account first name and profile picture and information related to your use of the Services, such as the number of times you have accessed or used the Services.
If you choose to use the Services without connecting to an SNS Account, your nickname and information related to your use of the Services, such as the number of times you have accessed or used the Services, will be viewable by other Users. Information Shared with Our Services Providers We may engage third party service providers to work with us to administer and provide the Services. These third-party services providers have access to your information only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf and are expressly obligated not to disclose or use your information for any other purpose.
Information Disclosed in Connection with Business Transactions
Information that we collect from our users, including PII, is considered to be a business asset. As a result, if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy or if we are acquired as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your information may be disclosed or transferred to the third-party acquirer in connection with the transaction.
Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others
It is our policy to protect you from having your privacy violated through abuse of the legal systems, whether by individuals, entities or government, and to contest claims that we believe to be invalid under applicable law. However, it is also our policy to cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties. Accordingly, we reserve the right to disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary: (i) to satisfy or comply with any applicable law, regulation or legal process or to respond to lawful requests, including subpoenas, warrants or court orders; (ii) to protect our property, rights and safety and the rights, property and safety of third parties or the public in general; and (iv) to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical.
Information We Disclose With Your Consent or at Your Request
We will share your information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites, if you have expressly requested that we do so via the Services.
The Security of Your Information
We take reasonable measures to protect the information that we collect from or about you (including your information) from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information.
Your information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you’re located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, we may transfer your information to the United States and Brazil and process it there.
Our Policy Toward Children
Our Services are not directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect PII from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected PII of a child under 13 we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.